Monday 1 July 2013

Storytime Saturday #1

So incase you missed it I am starting something new called Storytime Saturday. Technically it's monday today where I am, but whatever I have a story so I'm sharing it anyway :)
Today I was horse riding and after my ride Minty (the horse I was riding) was really sweaty and dirty. He's a grey, so dirt shows really easily, and it was too cold to give him a bath.
So I groomed him for a long time using my new brushes that I got last month. I got most of the dirt out, and  I spent a while getting rid of a lot of the sweat and making his hair all smooth. I stood there for at least half an hour, trying to get him relatively clean. And then when I was finally satisfied, I gave him some carrots and released him into his paddock.
And do you know what he did? As soon as I walked out of the paddock and shut the gate he started rolling.
I know that horses roll for a bunch of different reasons, but when minty rolled, it looked like he was doing it not because he was in pain, not to scratch his back, but for fun.
I groomed him for over half an hour and then he just had to roll and cover himself in dirt again, making all my hard work go down the drain. Thanks Minty.



Anyway its holidays now so I should be posting more often so watch out for more soon :D

Rachel.


No comments:

Post a Comment